australia is talking about a booster shot but most of us haven't been vaccinated long enough to require one yet...btu if it becomes available we will be getting it...more coverage is better than not...especially when you are around so many kids each day...but ultimately you have to make the decision for what is best for you
If I had the opportunity, I would definitely go for it. I got Moderna earlier so I assume it's desirable to stick with the same vaccine, and they haven't yet been given green light to do boosters.
Get it done!
I feel very fortunate that our CT governor has kept tabs closely on the situation and adjusted mask and vaccination rules as needed. Recently, he mandated vaccine shots for all health care workers and state employees. At first there were quite a few within that group who wouldn't get the shot, but now most everyone has fallen in line as they don't want to lose their jobs. Our Covid rate is at 1.50% now.
A friend of mine is a pharmacist and he and I discussed this at length. I am eligible for the Pfizer booster and I plan to get it. DH got the Moderna so he's waiting until they decide to OK the booster. As an educator, you can't control what walks in your doors as far as people being healthy or not. I know when I was teaching, any vaccine it was recommended, I got because of the uncertainty of what children and their families might bring in.
Absolutely. I got pfizer and got sick with 2nd shot and I still would. My parents got the booster. My biggest fear is those who didn't have any response maybe their immune response wasn't active enough. At least my grandmother the vaccine didn't seem to work so the booster is a good thing for her. Some sort of immunity.